Master of Public Health (MPH)
Admission to the graduate programs is based on an evaluation of demonstrated academic ability and professional experience. Students may enter the program during the Fall and Spring semesters. Students who choose the certificate program do not need to take the GRE. These students are limited only to the core courses.
A candidate for admission must submit the following materials to the Office of Graduate Admissions:
- Completed application form
- $50 application fee
- Statement of intent describing your professional experience and future goals
- Three professional recommendations from individuals who can describe your work experience
- A personal résumé detailing professional work experience, to include relevant job titles, work experience, responsibilities and related activities
- Evidence of a completed baccalaureate degree from a regionally accredited college, university, or recognized international college or university.
- Official GRE score taken within the last 5 years (waived with previous master’s degree or higher earned).
- Official transcripts from all colleges and universities attended showing proof of baccalaureate degree earned from a regionally accredited institution.
Upon completion of the application file with all required documentation according to application dates, the individual’s application materials are submitted to the MPH Admissions Committee for review. A personal interview with public health faculty will be arranged by the School of Nursing & Health Sciences. Once accepted to the Public Health Program, applicants must submit a $250 tuition deposit within 30 days, which guarantees a place in the entering class. Westminster operates rolling admissions, so it is best to apply as soon as possible. To preserve the faculty to student ratio, space availability in each class is limited. Westminster College reserves the right to close the class earlier than dates specified if enrollment goals are met before those dates. See important application dates at westminstercollege.edu/graduate.