Master of Education (MEd.) Admission Requirements
Master of Education (MEd.)
Admission to the MED certificate and graduate programs is based on an evaluation of undergraduate work, professional experience, and potential to succeed in a K-12 teaching environment or a higher or adult education setting. Students may enter the program at the beginning of the Fall, Spring, or Summer semester.
A candidate for admission must submit the following materials to the Office of Graduate Admissions:
- Completed application form
- $50 application fee (participation in an online or on-campus visit waives this fee)
- Official college or university transcripts for all institutions attended showing proof of baccalaureate degree. Transcripts or test scores are considered official when sent directly from the school or testing service.
- Personal statement—address the following questions in approximately 2 pages, double-spaced:
- Why do you want to pursue the Master of Education degree?
- What goals do you have for your learning in the program?
- What are the most important skills, experiences, and personal characteristics you bring to the program?
The Admissions Committee prefers to receive one letter from an academic recommender and one from a professional recommender but will consider two from either type of recommender for prospective students who completed their undergraduate degree several years ago or who have limited professional experience.
When an individual’s application file is complete with required documents according to application dates, the application materials are evaluated by the MEd. Admissions Committee. Once accepted to the program, the applicant must submit a $250 tuition deposit in 30 days or less, which guarantees a place in the entering class. Westminster operates rolling admissions, so it is best to apply as soon as possible. To preserve the faculty to student ratio, space availability in each class is limited. Westminster College reserves the right to close the class earlier than dates specified if enrollment goals are met before those dates.