Master of Strategic Communication (MSC)
Successful MSC applicants will have a well-rounded application, including competitive grades in their undergraduate courses, especially in the communication field and a resume demonstrating professional work experience. Admission to the MSC graduate program is based on an evaluation of undergraduate work, professional experience, and demonstration of success working in communication-related fields. Students may enter the program at the beginning of the fall or spring semester.A candidate for admission must submit the following materials to the Office of Graduate Admissions:
- Completed application form
- $50 application fee
- Statement of intent describing why you are pursuing an MSC graduate degree
- Two professional recommendations from current or previous supervisors and/or professors using forms provided by the Office of Graduate Admissions
- Professional résumé detailing education, all job titles and dates the positions were held, description of work experience, areas of work responsibility, and related activities. A minimum of 3 years’ professional experience is required.
- Official transcripts from all colleges and universities attended showing proof of baccalaureate degree earned from a regionally accredited institution.
When an individual’s application file includes all required documents, the application materials are evaluated by the MSC Admissions Committee. Once accepted to the MSC program, the applicant must submit a $250 tuition deposit within 30 days or less, which guarantees a place in the entering class. Westminster uses rolling admissions, so it is best to apply as soon as possible. To preserve the faculty-to-student ratio, space availability in each class is limited. Westminster College reserves the right to close the class earlier than dates specified if enrollment goals are met before those dates.