Master of Strategic Communication (MSC) Admission Requirements
Master of Strategic Communication (MSC)
Successful MSC applicants will have a well-rounded application, including competitive grades in their undergraduate courses, especially in the communication field and a resume demonstrating professional work experience. Admission to the MSC graduate program is based on an evaluation of undergraduate work, professional experience, and demonstration of success working in communication-related fields. Students may enter the program at the beginning of the fall or spring semester.
A candidate for admission must submit the following materials to the Office of Graduate Admissions:
- Completed application form
- $50 application fee
- Personal statement—address the following questions in approximately 2 pages, double-spaced:
- Why are you interested in the Master of Strategic Communication (MSC) program at Westminster College? Please describe what about the subject matter, curriculum, program structure, faculty, and/or other elements drew you to the MSC program and why.
- How do you anticipate an online program that allows for self-directed and project-based learning will help you achieve your professional goals?
- How will your education, professional experiences, and personal characteristics contribute to the program's learning environment and your peers' learning?
- Two letters of recommendation from academic or professional colleagues who can address the candidate's academic and interpersonal skills relevant to this program
- Résumé detailing education, professional work experience, including relevant job titles, work experiences, responsibilities, and related activities
- Official transcripts from all colleges and universities attended showing proof of baccalaureate degree earned from a regionally accredited institution.
When an individual’s application file includes all required documents, the application materials are evaluated by the MSC Admissions Committee. Once accepted to the MSC program, the applicant must submit a $250 tuition deposit within 30 days or less, which guarantees a place in the entering class. Westminster uses rolling admissions, so it is best to apply as soon as possible. To preserve the faculty-to-student ratio, space availability in each class is limited. Westminster College reserves the right to close the class earlier than dates specified if enrollment goals are met before those dates.