Process and Project Management Certificate (PPMC)
Westminster’s Process and Project Management Certificate (PPMC) consists of a blended program that is focused on getting students to translate the knowledge gained through online learning and practice to real world skills and expertise. The skills transfer doesn’t end there as students must complete a Project Fundamentals Course and a Lean Six Sigma Green Belt online training and simulation project to earn their certification. The student will gain a solid understanding of project management, as well as the coveted Lean Six Sigma Green Belt. Lean Six Sigma is a combination of two popular continuous improvement methods—Lean and Six Sigma—that pave the way for operational excellence. It relies on a collaborative team effort to improve performance by systematically removing waste and reducing variation. Course Requirements totaling 330 clock hours include:
- Completion of online training in Project Fundamentals
- Completion of online training in Lean Six Sigma Green Belt
- Two One on One online sessions with your virtual coach
- Lean Six Sigma Online Simulation Project
The first component, Project Management Fundamentals, is a self-paced, online program where participants learn and master skills though real-world business applications. Students learn and practice techniques for clearly defining project success, planning for performance and performing. This course is completed at the student’s own pace and requires completion of an online course and tests, along with supplemental reading and course work. Project Management Institute principles are emphasized and taught in Project Management throughout the course. The program curriculum is tied to the industry recognized certificates participants need to perform at a highly proficient level. Section requirements include:
- Reading through the information contained in the online modules
- Writing an essay on project leadership (record the essay in a learning journal)
- Recording the difference between leadership and management in a learning journal
- Completing the following project planning exercises/activities for a small, practice
project around the student’s home:
- Develop a project vision statement
- Prioritize project success parameters
- Draw a total scope diagram for your project
- Create appropriate goal statements and a dashboard for your project
- Create a Work Breakdown Structure for your project
- Create a Network Diagram
- Build a Resource Pool and Plan
- Develop a Gantt Chart and Schedule Baseline in a software tool
- Develop a Cost Baseline
- Develop a Risk Register
- Create a Quality Baseline
The second component is an online Lean Six Sigma module. Upon successful completion of this section, students will have demonstrated the following skills:
- Communicate using Lean Six Sigma concepts.
- Think about your organization as a collection of processes, with inputs that determine the output.
- Relate Lean Six Sigma concepts to the overall business mission and objectives.
- Use the concept of a Sigma Level to evaluate the capability of a process or organization.
- Understand and apply the five step DMAIC model as a framework to organize process improvement activity.
- Employ a wide range of process improvement techniques within the DMAIC model.
- Recognize the organizational factors that are necessary groundwork for a successful Lean Six Sigma effort.
- Employ your Six Sigma skills to lead a successful process improvement project delivering meaningful results to the organization.
This component consists of eleven modules, including:
- Introduction to Lean Six Sigma
- Starting a Project and Leading Teams
- Voice of the Customer
- Mapping the Process
- Measurements and Basic Statistics
- Measurement Systems Analysis
- Charting Process Behavior
- Identifying Root Causes
- Hypothesis Testing
Courses are awarded as Continuing Education Units or CEUs. CEUs are generally not transferable to other institutions. Successful completion of certificate program makes participants eligible to receive their Lean Six Sigma Green Belt certificate (proctored, nationally normed, criterion-referenced certification exam will be given as part of the course).
|PACE||32||Process and Project Management Certificate (PPMC)||33 CEUs|
|In this certification program, the student will gain a solid understanding of project management, as well as the very coveted Lean Six Sigma Green Belt. Lean Six Sigma is a combination of two popular continuous improvement methods—Lean and Six Sigma—that pave the way for operational excellence. It relies on a collaborative team effort to improve performance by systematically removing waste and reducing variation. The Lean Six Sigma Green Belt is an essential member of every Lean Six Sigma project team. Whether you're tasked with leading your own projects or are looking to expand your education, our PPMC course will increase your knowledge base and capability to apply the DMAIC methodology and Lean methods to projects. This blended program is very focused on getting you to translate the knowledge you gain through online learning and practice to real skills and expertise. The skills transfer doesn’t end there as you must complete a Project Fundamentals Course and a Lean Six Sigma Green Belt online training and simulation project to earn your certification.|