Organizational Culture and Leadership
Faculty: Susan Arsht, Michael Pacanowsky, Vicki Whiting
Organizational Culture and Leadership Courses
Organizational Culture and Leadership Goals
- To be able to identify and analyze the impacts of organizational challenges of external adaptation and internal integration
- To be able to identify key cultural elements of any organization, and articulate how those elements inhibit or enable organizational success
- To be able to distinguish the appropriateness of different organizational cultural practice, given different strategic intents of different organization
- To be able to function effectively in a variety of team-based work environments
- To be able to positively influence organizational direction and achievement, regardless of formal position or authority
- To be able to view one's own organizational actions and choices through the lens of the moral context of organizational life
- Students must maintain a minimum 2.3 GPA in all courses required for the minor.
- Students must complete 16 hours of required coursework, and at least 8 hours of elective coursework.
- For course prerequisites, please refer to the course description. Where appropriate, seek permission of the course instructor for a waiver of prerequisites.
Organizational Culture and Leadership Minor
|Requirement Description||Credit Hours||Prerequisites|
|I. Required Courses||16|
|MGMT 205 - Leadership||2|
|MGMT 2XX - Teams||2|
|MGMT 3XX - Writing and Speaking Effectively in Organizations||4|
|MGMT 433 - Organizational Behavior||4|
|MGMT 4XX - Organizational Culture and Change||4|
|II. Elective Courses||8|
|Complete eight (8) credit hours of elective coursework|