School of Education Programs and Faculty
The Teacher Education Programs are currently accredited by the Association for Advancing Quality in Educator Preparation (AAQEP) and approved by the Utah State Board of Education. Successful completion of the Bachelor of Arts in Elementary Education or Special Education; or completion of requirements for Secondary Licensure leads to satisfaction of the requirement for the Utah Level I Professional Educator License.
The School offers Bachelor of Arts degrees in Educational Studies, Elementary Education, and Outdoor Education & Leadership, as well as preparation for Secondary Teaching Licensure to accompany a variety of teaching minors.
The school offers undergraduate minor in Teaching English as a Second Language (TESOL).
The college offers a program that leads to a state endorsement in English as a Second Language instruction. Students may enroll in this program for an endorsement-only undergraduate minor or as part of the Master of Education (MED) or Master of Arts in Teaching programs.
- Melanie Agnew, Assistant Professor and Dean
- Margaret (Peggy) Cain, Professor and Director of MED, MACL, and Educational Studies programs
- Eleonor Castillo, Assistant Professor
- Marilee Coles-Ritchie, Professor
- Kellie Gerbers, Associate Professor and Director of OEL program
- Lowell Oswald, Associate Professor and MAT Program Director
- Rebecca Penerosa, Associate Professor