School of Education Programs and Faculty
The Teacher Education Programs are currently accredited by the Council for the Accreditation of Educator Preparation (CAEP) and approved by the Utah State Board of Education. Successful completion of the Bachelor of Arts in Elementary Education or Special Education; or completion of requirements for Secondary Licensure leads to satisfaction of the requirement for the Utah Level I Teaching License.
The School offers Bachelor of Arts degrees in Educational Studies , Elementary Education , Outdoor Education & Leadership, and Special Educationas well as preparation for Secondary Teaching Licensure to accompany a variety of teaching minors.
The school offers undergraduate minors in Teaching English as a Second Language (TESOL) and Special Education (SPED).
The college offers programs that lead to a state endorsement in Special Education of students with mild to moderate disabilities, and English as a Second Language instruction. Students may enroll in these programs for an endorsement-only undergraduate minor or as part of the Master of Education (MED) or Master of Arts in Teaching programs.
- Melanie Agnew, Assistant Professor and Dean
- Margaret (Peggy) Cain, Professor and Director of MED, MACL, and Educational Studies programs
- Anneliese Cannon, Assistant Professor
- Eleonor Castillo, Assistant Professor
- Marilee Coles-Ritchie, Professor
- Kellie Gerbers, Associate Professor and Director of OEL program
- Brad Kahrs, Associate Professor
- Lowell Oswald, MAT Program Director of Elementary, Secondary, and Special Education
- Rebecca Penerosa, Associate Professor